I AM PREGNANT!!!
I know this is my first post in about a million years, but what the hell!!
15 weeks now!
Due June 2010!
I am going to retire this lj and start up a new one with a new name. Times are changing and I feel the need for a fresh start!
Thank you for all the wonderful messages I have had from people over the years I have had this journal.
Thank you for all the kind messages of support while I was in hospital a couple of years ago.
PS. I HAVEN'T GIVEN UP MODELLING!!! :o)
I got a bike last weekend. My old bike got stolen at university 12 years ago!! Never replaced it as I was so heart broken, but I have been given one by a family friend. Having a bike in Cambridge is compulsory I think!
Anyway, last weekend the bike was out of the shed, the tyres pumped up and the seat adjusted. I took it for a spin round the block and...oh my...I felt like a young girl again learning to ride a bike for the first time!!! I hadn't ridden a bike in 12 years, and although the phrase never forgetting how to ride a bike is true, I was still wobbling all over the place!
Now it is raining and I want to cycle into town.....hummmmmmmmm
Why does my digital signal disappear when it rains?
And how do I make it come back?
I am online at home again, no more trips back to the library, well apart from to drop off all the books I have. The library is a pretty amazing place! :o)
GREAT TRUTHS THAT LITTLE CHILDREN HAVE LEARNED
1) No matter how hard you try, you can't baptise cats.
2) When your Mum is mad at your Dad, don't let her brush your hair.
3) If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always catch the second person.
4) Never ask your 3-year old brother to hold a tomato.
5) You can't trust dogs to watch your food.
6) Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
7) Never hold a Dust-Buster and a cat at the same time.
8) You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
9) Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.
10) The best place to be when you're sad is Grandpa's lap.
GREAT TRUTHS THAT ADULTS HAVE LEARNED:
1) Raising teenagers is like nailing jelly to a tree.
2) Wrinkles don't hurt.
3) Families are like fudge...mostly sweet, with a few nuts.
4) Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
5) Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
6) Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fibre, not the toy.
GREAT TRUTHS ABOUT GROWING OLD
1) Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
2) Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
3) When you fall down, you wonder what else you can do while you're down there.
4) You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.
5) It's frustrating when you know all the answers but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.
6) Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.
7) Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year!! x